China, America and the Pacific : trade & cultural exchange
- Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, 2013-
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- American Philosophical Society. Library, current owner.
- Boston Athenaeum, current owner.
- Bridgeman Art Library, current owner.
- California Historical Society, current owner.
- Hagley Museum and Library, current owner.
- Hawaiian Historical Society, current owner.
- Massachusetts Historical Society, current owner.
- Nantucket Historical Association, current owner.
- Phillips Library (Peabody Essex Museum), current owner.
- University of Alberta. Library, current owner.
- University of British Columbia. Library, current owner.
- University of California, San Diego. University Library, current owner.
- Henry Francis du Pont Winterthur Museum, current owner.
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm) issuing body.
- China, America and the Pacific explores the cultural and trading relationships that emerged between America, China and the Pacific region between the 18th and early 20th centuries. Sourced from twelve North American libraries that include the Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum and the Massachusetts Historical Society, China, America and the Pacific offers unique insights into the history of North American trade. Coverage includes the Old China Trade, the Pacific Northwest fur trade, the whaling industry and the development of Pacific trading centres such as Hawaii. Manuscripts, rare printed sources, visual images, objects and maps from international libraries and archives document this fascinating history.
- United States > Relations > China > Databases.
- China > Relations > United States > Databases.
- China > Commerce > United States > History > Databases.
- United States > Commerce > China > History > Databases.
- China > Foreign relations > United States > History > Databases.
- United States > Foreign relations > China > History > Databases.
- International trade > Databases.
- Diplomatic relations.
- International relations.
- International trade.
- United States.
- Beginning date
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2013.
- Digitization of select holdings from: American Philosophical Society Library, Boston Anthenaeum, Bridgeman Art Library, California Historical Society, Hagley Museum and Library, Hawaiian Historical Society, Massachusetts Historical Society, Nantucket Historical Association, Peabody Essex Museum, University of Alberta Libraries, University of British Columbia Library, University of California San Diego Library, Winterthur Museum Garden and Library.
- Access limited to subscribers.