Confidential print. North America, 1824-1961
- [Marlborough, Wiltshire, England] : Adam Matthew Digital
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
The Confidential Print series, issued by the British Government between c. 1820 and 1970 consists of the most important internal papers generated by the Foreign and Colonial Offices (FCO). These range from single-page letters or telegrams to comprehensive dispatches, investigative reports and texts of treaties. All items marked 'Confidential Print' were printed and circulated immediately to leading officials in the Foreign Office, to the Cabinet and to heads of British missions abroad. The "Confidential Print: North America, 1824-1961" collection consists of the "Confidential Print" FCO documents for the United States, Canada and the Caribbean.
- This collection covers a broad sweep of history from 1824-1961, taking in the USA, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Issued by the Foreign and Colonial Offices since 1820, included are the following classes from The National Archives, Kew in their entirety: CO 880/1-32: North America, 1839-1914 (primarily focused on Canada); CO 884/1-38: West Indies, 1826-1961 (focuses on the Caribbean); FO 414/1-278: North America, 1824-1941; FO 461/1-13: America, 1942-1956; FO 462/1-10: USA, 1947-1956.
- Great Britain. Foreign Office > Archives > Databases.
- Great Britain. Colonial Office > Archives > Databases.
- Great Britain > Foreign relations > United States > Sources.
- Great Britain > Foreign relations > Canada > Sources.
- Great Britain > Foreign relations > North America > Sources.
- United States > Foreign relations > Great Britain > Sources.
- Canada > Foreign relations > Great Britain > Sources.
- North America > Foreign relations > Great Britain > Sources.
- Great Britain. Colonial Office.
- Great Britain. Foreign Office.
- Diplomatic relations.
- Great Britain.
- North America.
- United States.
- Title Variation
- North America, 1824-1961
- Archives direct. Confidential print. North America, 1824-1961
- Former Title
- Confidential print. North America, 1824-1961, <Mar. 22, 2010>
- Confidential print. North America, <June 22, 2010>
- Title from introduction screen (viewed Jan. 6, 2017).
- Access restricted to authorized users for teaching and research purposes.