ʼLhyh : Wqāʼiʻ Mn al-Ḩb Wālʼlm
يد إلهية : وقائع من الحب والألم
- Humbert Balsan presents a film by Elia Suleiman ; Avatai Films ; BAC Films ; Pyramide Distribution ; a co-production of Ognon Pictures, Arte France Cinema, Gimages Films, Soread 2M, Lichtblick.
- يد إلهية : وقائع من الحب والألم / Humbert Balsan presents a film by Elia Suleiman ; Avatai Films ; BAC Films ; Pyramide Distribution ; a co-production of Ognon Pictures, Arte France Cinema, Gimages Films, Soread 2M, Lichtblick.
- English, Arabic, Hebrew. In Arabic and Hebrew with English subtitles.
- digital; optical; 2rda.
- video file; DVD-R video.
- Seattle, WA : Arab Film Distribution, 
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (90 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Suleiman, Elia, film director, screenwriter, actor.
- Balsan, Humbert, 1954-2005.
- Batgne, Marc-André, director of photography.
- Lange, Véronique, film editor.
- Khader, Manal, 1968- actor.
- Daher, Nayef Fahoum, actor.
- Avatai Films, production company.
- B.A.C. Films, production company.
- Pyramide distribution (Firm), distribution company.
- Arab Film Distribution, distribution company.
- Ognon Pictures, production company.
- Arte France cinéma (Firm) production company.
- Gimages Films (Firm), production company.
- 2M Soréad (Firm), production company.
- Lichtblick (Firm), production company.
- A satirical glimpse of the Arabic psyche, this film follows the story of E.S., a film director played by and based upon Suleiman himself. E.S. is burdened with a stalled screenplay and a sick father whose house is being gutted by tax collectors. He is also separated from his beautiful Palestinian lover by a check point, as he lives in Jerusalem and she in the occupied city of Ramallah.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Title on English subtitles: Divine intervention : a chronicle of love and pain
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2002.
- Production Credits
- Director, writer, Elia Suleiman ; producer, Humbert Balsan ; director of photography, Marc-André Batigne ; editor, Véronique Lange.
- Elia Suleiman, Manal Khader, Nayef Fahoum Daher.
- DVD-R; This is a recorded DVD and may fail to play on some DVD equipment.
- Jury Prize, Cannes Film Festival, 2002.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: