Grant founding and endowing the Leland Stanford Junior University
- San Mateo County, California ; Santa Clara County, California, November 1885.
- Physical description
- 1 volume : parchment ; x cm housed in box x cm
Also available at
At the library
- Includes deeds of land from various counties.
- Publication date
- Manuscript on parchment, bound with blue leather and ribbon at the top. With a manuscript decorative monogram cover signed by Carl Eisenschimel.
- Special Collections and University Archives materials are stored offsite and must be paged 48 hours in advance. For more information on paging collections, see the department's website: http://library.stanford.edu/spc.
- The materials are open for research use; materials must be requested at least 48 hours in advance of intended use. Audio-visual materials are not available in original format, and must be reformatted to a digital use copy.
- Cite as
- Grant founding and endowing the Leland Stanford Junior University (SC1445) Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.
- All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. Restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.
- The Leland Stanford Junior University was established in 1885 in memory of Leland Stanford Jr., the only child of Senator and Mrs. Leland Stanford. Founding of the University was accomplished by a Grant of Endowment by Jane and Leland Stanford, dated November 1885.
Browse related items
Start at call number: