Design engineer's sourcebook
- Keith L. Richards.
- Boca Raton : Taylor & Francis, CRC Press, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- Richards, Keith L., author.
- Section I Reference 1. Mathematics 2. Introduction to Numerical Methods 3. Probability 4. Statistics 5. Properties of Sections and Figures 6. Properties of Engineering Materials Section II Mechanics 7. Statics 8. Dynamics 9. Mechanical Vibrations 10. Control Systems 11. Physics 12. Thermodynamic Basics 13. Fluid Mechanics 14. Introduction to Analytical Stress Analysis and the Use of Mohr's Circle 15. Introduction to Experimental Stress Analysis 16. Introduction to Fatigue and Fracture Section III Design of Mechanical Elements 17. Introduction to Material Selection 18. Beams 19. Torsion of Solid Sections 20. Combined Torsion and Bending 21. Shaft Design Basics 22. Keys and Spline Calculations 23. Columns and Struts 24. Eccentric Loading 25. Thick Cylinders 26. Compound Cylinders 27. Flat Plates 28. Methods of Attachments 29. The Design and Analysis of Helical Compression Springs Manufactured from Round Wire 30. Design and Analysis of Lugs and Shear Pins 31. Mechanical Fasteners 32. Limits and Fits 33. Energy Systems (Flywheels) 34. Introduction to Linkages 35. Introduction to Cams and Followers 36. Geared Systems 37. Power Screws 38. Clutches 39. Design of Brakes 40. Couplings 41. Bearings 42. Engineering Seals 43. Belt Drives 44. Roller Chain Drives 45. Lubrication 46. Introduction to Stepper Motors and Their Drives 47. Squirrel-Cage Motors 48. Synchronous Motors 49. Introduction to Reverse Engineering 50. General Tables.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781315350523 20180910
- Publisher's Summary
- Design Engineer's Sourcebook provides a practical resource for engineers, product designers, technical managers, students, and others needing a design-oriented reference. This volume covers the mathematics, mechanics, and materials properties needed for analysis and design, with numerous examples. A wide range of mechanical components and mechanisms are then covered, with case studies interspersed to show real engineering practice. Manufacturing is then surveyed, in the context of mechanical design. The book concludes with information on clutches, brakes, transmission and other topics important for vehicle engineering. Tables, figures and charts are included for reference.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781315350523 20180910
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9781315350523 (electronic bk.)
- 1315350521 (electronic bk.)
- 9781315367514 (ebook)
- 1315367513 (ebook)