Robert Baxter Collection : sub-collection on Maria Callas
- Multiple languages, English, Italian, French, German. Various materials in English, French, Italian, and German.
- Physical description
- 80 boxes ; 56 linear feet
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Organization & arrangement
- Sub-collection is arranged in 9 series: Series 1: Correspondence, discographies, and research materials -- Series 2: Programs -- Series 3: Periodicals -- Series 4: Newspaper clippings -- Series 5: Auction and exhibit catalogs -- Series 6: Photogrfaphs -- Series 7: Books -- Series 8: Sound recordings -- Series 9: Video recordings.
- The sub-collection is part of a larger collection of music materials created by Robert Baxter. This sub-collection documents the life and work of Maria Callas, the internationally acclaimed operatic soprano. The materials consist of sound and video recordings, books, periodicals, newspaper clippings, photographs, programs, auction catalogs, exhibition catalogs, correspondence, notes, and research materials.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Robert Baxter, graduated from Stanford University and was a performing arts critic for the Courier-Post in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use. Contact the Archive of Recorded Sound for assistance. Some of the materials are fragile and may require special care during handling.
- Cite as
- Robert Baxter Collection on Maria Callas, ARS-0196. Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, CA.
- Donated by Philip Karpel in 2011.
Browse related items
Start at call number: