Music library and research skills
- Jane Gottlieb.
- 2nd edition.
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 
- Physical description
- xviii, 382 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
|ML3797 .G68 2017||In-library use|
- Gottlieb, Jane, 1954- author.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Libraries and the universe of information about music
- Bibliographies of music literature
- Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Composers, performers, and composer-performers : selected bibliographic and dictionary sources
- Histories of music and methods of research
- Periodicals, periodical indexes, and literature databases
- From manuscript to printed edition
- Bibliographies of music
- Composer thematic catalogs
- Texts and translations
- Resources for careers in music and other miscellaneous tools.
- Music Library and Research Skills, Second Edition, introduces the prime concepts of music research, helping students develop a firm understanding of the tools that provide information about music: what types of sources exist, how they are arranged, and how they may best be used to do research. Covering a wide range of music reference sources for research in all genres of music, the text is thorough, lively, and informative [Publisher description]
- Musicology > Methodology.
- Musicology > Information resources.
- Music > Information resources.
- Musicology > Study and teaching.
- Music libraries > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Musicology > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Music > Bibliography > Methodology.
- Music libraries.
- Publication date
- Previously published: Pearson Education, 2009.
- 9780190267940 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: