Wilson and Walker's principles and techniques of biochemistry and molecular biology
- edited by Andreas Hofmann, Samuel Clokie.
- Uniform Title
- Principles and techniques of biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Eighth edition.
- Cambridge, United Kingdom ; New York, NY : Cambridge University Press, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxx, 929 pages ; 25 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP519.7 .P75 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword Keith Wilson and John Walker-- Preface Samuel Clokie and Andreas Hofmann-- Tables and resources Andreas Hofmann-- 1. Life science studies Samuel Clokie and Andreas Hofmann-- 2. Basic principles Parisa Amani and Andreas Hofmann-- 3. Cell culture techniques Anwar Baydoun-- 4. Recombinant DNA techniques and molecular cloning Ralph Rapley-- 5. Preparative biochemistry Samuel Clokie-- 6. Electrophoresis Ralph Rapley-- 7. Immunochemical techniques Katja Fischer-- 8. Flow cytometry John Grainger and Joanne Konkel-- 9. Radioisotope techniques Robert Slater-- 10. Clinical biochemistry Gillian Rumsby-- 11. Microscopy Stephen Paddock-- 12. Centrifugation Kay Ohlendieck and Stephen Harding-- 13. Spectroscopic techniques Anne Simon and Andreas Hofmann-- 14. Basic techniques probing molecular structure and interactions Anne Simon and Joanne Macdonald-- 15. Mass spectrometric techniques Sonja Hess and James MacRae-- 16. Fundamentals of bioinformatics Cinzia Cantacessi and Anna Protasio-- 17. Fundamentals of cheminformatics Paul Taylor-- 18. The Python programming language Timothy Stevens-- 19. Processing and visualisation of experimental data Jean-Baptiste Cazier-- 20. Fundamental genome sequencing and annotation Pasi Korhonen and Robin Gasser-- 21. Fundamentals of proteomics Sonja Hess and Michael Weiss-- 22. Fundamentals of metabolomics James MacRae-- 23. Enzymes and receptors Megan Cross and Andreas Hofmann-- 24. Drug discovery and development David Camp.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781316614761 20180917
- Publisher's Summary
- Bringing this best-selling textbook right up to date, the new edition uniquely integrates the theories and methods that drive the fields of biology, biotechnology and medicine, comprehensively covering both the techniques students will encounter in lab classes and those that underpin current key advances and discoveries. The contents have been updated to include both traditional and cutting-edge techniques most commonly used in current life science research. Emphasis is placed on understanding the theory behind the techniques, as well as analysis of the resulting data. New chapters cover proteomics, genomics, metabolomics, bioinformatics, as well as data analysis and visualisation. Using accessible language to describe concepts and methods, and with a wealth of new in-text worked examples to challenge students' understanding, this textbook provides an essential guide to the key techniques used in current bioscience research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781316614761 20180917
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781107162273 hardcover alkaline paper
- 1107162270 hardcover alkaline paper
- 131661476X paperback
- 9781316614761 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: