8 steps to high performance : focus on what you can change (ignore the rest)
- Marc Effron.
- Boston, Massachusetts : Harvard Business Review Press, 
- Physical description
- xx, 206 pages ; 25 cm
At the library
|HF5549.5.M63 E33 2018||Unknown|
- Effron, Marc, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. How to be a high performer: Step 1: Set big goals
- Step 2: Behave to perform
- Step 3: Grow yourself faster
- Step 4: Connect
- Step 5: Maximize your fit
- Step 6: Fake it
- Step 7: Commit your body
- Step 8: Avoid distractions.
- Publisher's Summary
- What Really Works There's no shortage of advice out there on how to perform better, and better than others, at work. The problem is knowing which methods are actually proven to work--and how you should act on them to get the best results. In 8 Steps to High Performance, talent expert and bestselling author Marc Effron cuts through the noise with his signature "science-based simplicity" approach to identify what matters most and show you how to optimally apply your time and effort to boost your performance. It turns out that higher performance comes from doing many things well--but some of those things are not in your power to change. Effron reveals the eight key factors you do control and practical steps for improving yourself on each one. You'll learn: How to set goals that create higher performance Which behaviors predict higher performance in different situations How to quickly develop the most important capabilities Who to connect with and why How to understand and adapt to your company's strategy Why you sometimes shouldn't be the "genuine" you How to best manage your body to sustain your performance How to avoid management fads that distract you from high performance Research-based, practical, and filled with self-assessments, tools, and templates to support your performance goals at work, this short, powerful book will help you and anyone on your team deliver outstanding results.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781633693975 20180828
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Eight steps to high performance
- 9781633693975 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- 163369397X hardcover ; alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: