Mathematical theory of evolutionary fluid-flow structure interactions
- Barbara Kaltenbacher, Igor Kukavica, Irena Lasiecka, Roberto Triggiani, Amjad Tuffaha, Justin T. Webster.
- Cham, Switzerland : Birkhäuser, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 307 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- Oberwolfach seminars ; 48.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TA357.5 .F58 K35 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 301-307).
- An introduction to a fluid-structure model.- Linear parabolic-hyperbolic fluid-structure interaction models.- Flow-plate interactions: well-posedness and long-time behavior.- Some aspects in nonlinear acoustics coupling and shape optimization.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319927824 20180903
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is devoted to the study of coupled partial differential equation models, which describe complex dynamical systems occurring in modern scientific applications such as fluid/flow-structure interactions. The first chapter provides a general description of a fluid-structure interaction, which is formulated within a realistic framework, where the structure subject to a frictional damping moves within the fluid. The second chapter then offers a multifaceted description, with often surprising results, of the case of the static interface; a case that is argued in the literature to be a good model for small, rapid oscillations of the structure. The third chapter describes flow-structure interaction where the compressible Navier-Stokes equations are replaced by the linearized Euler equation, while the solid is taken as a nonlinear plate, which oscillates in the surrounding gas flow. The final chapter focuses on a the equations of nonlinear acoustics coupled with linear acoustics or elasticity, as they arise in the context of high intensity ultrasound applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319927824 20180903
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Oberwolfach Seminars, 1661-237X ; volume 48
- 9783319927824 (pbk.)
- 3319927825 (pbk.)
- 9783319927831 (online)
Browse related items
Start at call number: