Ultrametric pseudodifferential equations and applications
- Andrei Yu. Khrennikov, Sergei V. Kozyrev, W.A. Zúñiga-Galindo.
- Cambridge, United Kingdom ; New York, NY, USA : Cambridge University Press, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 237 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Encyclopedia of mathematics and its applications ; v. 168.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA329.7 .K47 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 214-235) and index.
- 1. p-adic analysis: essential ideas and results-- 2. Ultrametric geometry: cluster networks and buildings-- 3. p-adic wavelets-- 4. Ultrametricity in the theory of complex systems-- 5. Some applications of wavelets and integral operators-- 6. p-adic and ultrametric models in geophysics-- 7. Recent development of the theory of p-adic dynamical systems-- 8. Parabolic-type equations, Markov processes, and models of complex hierarchic systems-- 9. Stochastic heat equation driven by Gaussian noise-- 10. Sobolev-type spaces and pseudodifferential operators-- 11. Non-archimedean white noise, pseudodifferential stochastic equations, and massive Euclidean fields-- 12. Heat traces and spectral zeta functions for p-adic laplacians-- References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107188822 20180903
- Publisher's Summary
- Starting from physical motivations and leading to practical applications, this book provides an interdisciplinary perspective on the cutting edge of ultrametric pseudodifferential equations. It shows the ways in which these equations link different fields including mathematics, engineering, and geophysics. In particular, the authors provide a detailed explanation of the geophysical applications of p-adic diffusion equations, useful when modeling the flows of liquids through porous rock. p-adic wavelets theory and p-adic pseudodifferential equations are also presented, along with their connections to mathematical physics, representation theory, the physics of disordered systems, probability, number theory, and p-adic dynamical systems. Material that was previously spread across many articles in journals of many different fields is brought together here, including recent work on the van der Put series technique. This book provides an excellent snapshot of the fascinating field of ultrametric pseudodifferential equations, including their emerging applications and currently unsolved problems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107188822 20180903
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Encyclopedia of mathematics and its applications ; 168
Browse related items
Start at call number: