Dynamical systems, ergodic theory, and probability : in memory of Kolya Chernov : Conference dedicated to the memory of Nikolai Chernov : Dynamical Systems, Ergodic Theory, and Probability, May 18-20, 2015, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
- Alexander M. Blokh [and four others], editors.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 316 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) ; v.698.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA851 .C66 2015||Unknown|
- Conference on Dynamical Systems, Ergodic Theory, and Probability (2015 : Birmingham, Ala.)
- Blokh, Alexander M., 1958- editor.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- L. Bunimovich, N. I. Chernov (1956-2014) T. Adams and J. Rosenblatt, Joint coboundaries P. Balint, N. Chernov, and D. Dolgopyat, Convergence of moments for dispersing billiards with cusps E. Catsigeras, M. Cerminara, and H. Enrich, Weak pseudo-physical measures and Pesin's entropy formula for Anosov $C^1$-diffeomorphisms C. Cox and R. Feres, No-slip billiards in dimension two C. P. Dettmann, How sticky is the chaos/order boundary? G. Galperin and M. Levi, Bouncing in gravitational field N. T. A. Haydn and F. Yang, A derivation of the Poisson law for returns of smooth maps with certain geometrical properties K. Khanin and S. Kocic, Rigidity for a class of generalized interval exchange transformations C. C. Moxley and N. J. Simanyi, Homotopical complexity of a $3D$ billiard flow M. Jakobson, Mixing properties of some maps with countable Markov partitions Ya. G. Sinai and I. Vinogradov, Eigenfunctions of Laplacians in some two-dimensional domains D. Szasz, Multidimensional hyperbolic billiards X. Xia and P. Zhang, Homoclinic intersections for geodesic flows on convex spheres H. Zhang, Decay of correlations for billiards with flat points I: Channel effects H. Zhang, Decay of correlations for billiards with flat points II: Cusps effect.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781470427733 20180813
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume contains the proceedings of the Conference on Dynamical Systems, Ergodic Theory, and Probability, which was dedicated to the memory of Nikolai Chernov, held from May 18-20, 2015, at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama. The book is devoted to recent advances in the theory of chaotic and weakly chaotic dynamical systems and its applications to statistical mechanics. The papers present new original results as well as comprehensive surveys.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781470427733 20180813
- Chernov, Nikolai, 1956-2014.
- Chernov, Nikolai, 1956-2014.
- Dynamics > Congresses.
- Chaotic behavior in systems > Congresses.
- Ergodic theory > Congresses.
- Probabilities > Congresses.
- Billiards > Congresses.
- Number theory -- Diophantine approximation, transcendental number theory -- Continued fractions and generalizations.
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory -- Ergodic theory -- Ergodicity, mixing, rates of mixing.
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory -- Ergodic theory -- Entropy and other invariants, isomorphism, classification.
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory -- Ergodic theory -- Relations with probability theory and stochastic processes.
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory -- Ergodic theory -- Dynamical systems in statistical mechanics.
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory -- Smooth dynamical systems: general theory -- Generic properties, structural stability.
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory -- Smooth dynamical systems: general theory -- Homoclinic and heteroclinic orbits.
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory -- Dynamical systems with hyperbolic behavior -- Hyperbolic systems with singularities (billiards, etc.)
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory -- Low-dimensional dynamical systems -- Maps of the circle.
- Chaotic behavior in systems.
- Ergodic theory.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Contemporary mathematics ; 698
- 9781470427733 paperback alkaline paper
- 1470427737 paperback alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: