Development and the right to education in Africa
- A.C. Onuora-Oguno.
- Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xix, 239 pages ; 22 cm
- Onuora-Oguno, A. C., author.
- Includes bibliography (pages 211-234) and index.
- 1. Chapter One: Right to Development and Education an Introductory Note 2. Chapter Two: Theoretical Framework and Benefits of Basic Education 3. Chapter Three: Obstacles Affecting Access to Basic Education 4. Chapter Four: Beyond Nomenclature: Special Education or Inclusive Education: Advocating Quality Basic Education 5. Chapter Five: African Perspective of Education: A Catalyst for the Desired Africa of Tomorrow? 6. Chapter Six: Human Right or Human Capital Approach: Walking the Path to Actualization of Access to Basic Education in Africa 7. Chapter Seven: Comparative Analysis of Jurisprudence Governing Basic Education 8. Chapter Eight: The African Human Rights Response to Access to Basic Education 9. Chapter Nine: Repositioning Institutions for Realisation of the Right to Basic Education 10. Chapter 10: Conclusions and Recommendations.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319903347 20180813
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is about the right to basic education and its impact on development in Africa. It focuses on the elusive subject of litigating the right to education by examining jurisprudence from select African countries and India. The project further analyses the various challenges that impede access to education, with the attendant lack of political will to curb corruption, and calls for the building of strong institutions and the involvement of both state and non-state actors in driving development via education. It also covers the scope for legal practitioners and policy makers, and supports institutional framework in realizing the right to basic education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319903347 20180813
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Available in another form
- Electronic version: Onuora-Oguno, A. C. Development and the right to education in Africa. Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan,  ( 9783319903354 )
- 3319903349 hardback
- 9783319903347 hardback
Browse related items
Start at call number: