Vibrant learning : an integrative approach to teaching content area disciplines
- Debra K. Wellman, Cathy Y. Kim, Lynn Columba and Alden J. Moe.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 236 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1050.455 .W54 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1: Merging Constructivist, Socio-Cultural, and Collaborative Theories: Vibrant Learning
- Chapter 2: It's not Either/Or, it's AND: Integration
- Chapter 3: Guiding Instruction: Standards
- Chapter 4: Informing Instruction: Assessment
- Chapter 5: Developing a Love of Words: Vocabulary
- Chapter 6: Creating Meaning: Comprehension
- Chapter 7: Understanding and Expressing Ideas: Fluency
- Chapter 8: (Re)Constructing Knowledge: Writing
- Chapter 9: Engaging with Texts and Peers: Discussion
- Chapter 10: Promoting Deep Thinking: Questioning
- Chapter 11: Broadening Capacities for Learning: The Arts
- Chapter 12: Creating Lifelong, Vibrant Learners: Motivation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Grounded in research, Vibrant Learning, focuses on language-rich, literacy-based, collaborative classrooms as the foundation for transforming content area learning. The authors emphasize three areas: (1) strategies to support student understanding of concepts, (2) ideas to encourage student engagement, and (3) creating a lively and respectful classroom environment to foster an integrative approach to learning. Knowledgeable teachers with a repertoire of effective instructional strategies make genuine learning possible. With that in mind, this book presents a solid theoretical background and a set of practical tools in each of its chapters, ranging from assessment, compression, vocabulary, motivation, to integration for the content area teacher.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475842357 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 147584235X (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 9781475842364 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 1475842368 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: