Spatial regression models
- Michael D. Ward, Kristian Skrede Gleditsch.
- Second edition.
- Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE Publications, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 112 pages ; 22 cm.
- Quantitative applications in the social sciences ; no. 155.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|HA30.6 .W37 2019||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1: Why Space in the Social Sciences? Chapter 2: Maps as Displays of Information Chapter 3: Interdependency Among Observations Chapter 4: Spatially Lagged Dependent Variables Chapter 5: Spatial Error Model Chapter 6: Extensions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781544328836 20180813
- Publisher's Summary
- Spatial Regression Models illustrates the use of spatial analysis in the social sciences within a regression framework and is accessible to readers with no prior background in spatial analysis. The text covers different modeling-related topics for continuous dependent variables, including: mapping data on spatial units, exploratory spatial data analysis, working with regression models that have spatially dependent regressors, and estimating regression models with spatially correlated error structures. Using social sciences examples based on real data, Michael D. Ward and Kristian Skrede Gleditsch illustrate the concepts discussed, and show how to obtain and interpret relevant results. The examples are presented along with the relevant code to replicate all the analysis using the R package for statistical computing. Users can download both the data and computer code to work through all the examples found in the text. New to the Second Edition is a chapter on mapping as data exploration and its role in the research process, updates to all chapters based on substantive and methodological work, as well as software updates, and information on estimation of time-series, cross-sectional spatial models.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781544328836 20180813
- Publication date
- Quantitative applications in the social sciences ; 155
- Revised edition of the authors' Spatial regression models, c2008.
- 9781544328836 paperback ; alkaline paper
- 1544328834 paperback ; alkaline paper
Browse related items
Start at call number: