Development and the right to education in Africa
- A. C. Onuora-Oguno.
- Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xix, 239 pages ; 22 cm
- Onuora-Oguno, A. C., author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 211-234) and index.
- Right to development and education : an introductory note
- Theoretical framework and benefits of basic education
- Obstacles affecting access to basic education
- Beyond nomenclature : special education or inclusive education : advocating quality basic education
- African perspective of education : a catalyst for the desired Africa of tomorrow?
- Human right or human capital approach : walking the path to actualisation of access to basic education in Africa
- Comparative analysis of jurisprudence governing basic education
- The African human rights response to access to basic education
- Repositioning institutions for realisation of the right to basic education
- Conclusions and recommendations.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is about the right to basic education and its impact on development in Africa. It focuses on the elusive subject of litigating the right to education by examining jurisprudence from select African countries and India. The project further analyses the various challenges that impede access to education, with the attendant lack of political will to curb corruption, and calls for the building of strong institutions and the involvement of both state and non-state actors in driving development via education. It also covers the scope for legal practitioners and policy makers, and supports institutional framework in realizing the right to basic education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319903347 20180813
- Publication date
- 9783319903347 hardback
- 3319903349 hardback
- 9783319903354 eBook
Browse related items
Start at call number: