- Lynne M. Bianchi.
- New York, NY, USA : Garland Science, Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 345 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP363.5 .B563 2018||Unknown|
- Bianchi, Lynne, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. An Introduction to Developmental Neurobiology 2. Neural Induction 3. Segmentation of the Anterior-Posterior Axis 4. Patterning Along the Dorsal-Ventral Axis 5. Proliferation and Migration of Neurons 6. Cell Determination and Early Differentiation 7. Neurite Outgrowth, Axonal Pathfinding, and Initial Target Selection 8. Neuronal Survival and Programmed Cell Death 9. Synaptic Formation and Reorganization: The Neuromuscular Junction 10. Synaptic Formation and Reorganization: The Central Nervous System.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780815344827 20180917
- Publisher's Summary
- Developmental Neurobiology tells the extraordinary process of neural development by showing how the scientific discoveries were made and how the hypotheses evolved over time. Each chapter explores the specific mechanisms of development while highlighting the key experiments and methods used to make those discoveries-including descriptions of, and experiments utilizing, both invertebrate and vertebrate animal models. This distinctive approach provides the essential facts while strengthening the reader's appreciation of the scientific method. Discussions of neurodevelopmental disorders and therapeutic approaches to them will captivate those interested in the more clinical aspects of the field. With its clear illustrations and easy-to-follow writing style, Developmental Neurobiology presents an accessible approach to neural development for undergraduate students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780815344827 20180917
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780815344827 paperback
- 0815344821 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: