Norwegian : a comprehensive grammar
- Philip Holmes and Hans-Olav Enger.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 553 pages ; 24 cm.
- Routledge comprehensive grammars.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 540-542) and index.
- Preface -- Symbols and abbreviations-- Introduction: What is Norwegian?-- Chapter 1 Nouns-- Chapter 2 Adjectives-- Chapter 3 Numerals-- Chapter 4 Pronouns and determiners-- Chapter 5 Verbs-- Chapter 6 Adverbs-- Chapter 7 Prepositions-- Chapter 8 Interjections-- Chapter 9 Conjunctions and subjunctions-- Chapter 10 Sentence structure and word order-- Chapter 11 Word formation-- Chapter 12 Orthography-- Chapter 13 Punctuation-- Appendix 1 Linguistic terms-- Appendix 2 English-Norwegian and Norwegian-English linguistic terms-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415831369 20180910
- Publisher's Summary
- Norwegian: A Comprehensive Grammar is a complete reference guide to modern Norwegian (the Bokmal standard). The Grammar is an essential source for the serious student of Norwegian, and for students of comparative linguistics. It is ideal for use in colleges, universities and adult classes of all types. The volume is organised to promote a thorough understanding of Norwegian grammar. It presents the complexities of Norwegian in a concise and readable form. Explanations are full, clear and free of jargon. Throughout, the emphasis is on Norwegian as used by present-day native speakers. An extensive index, numbered paragraphs, cross-references and summary charts provide readers with easy access to the information they require.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415831369 20180910
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Routledge comprehensive grammars
- 9780415831352 (hardback ; alkaline paper)
- 0415831350 (hardback ; alkaline paper)
- 9780415831369 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
- 0415831369 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
- 9781351059831 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: