The international sale of goods
- M.G. Bridge.
- Fourth edition.
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- lxiv, 884 pages : forms ; 26 cm
- Bridge, M. G. (Michael G.), author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to international sales
- The performance obligations of seller and buyer in English law
- FOB contracts
- CIF contracts
- Licences and impossibility
- Passing of property and risk
- Bills of landing and documents of title
- Remedies : termination and damages
- The UN Sale Convention (CISG) : general issues
- Formation and performance of the contract
- Remedies for breach of contract.
This fourth edition of the leading authority on international sale of goods law provides clear, comprehensive and detailed analysis of the subject. The unique dual coverage of contracts under English law and the CISG is a valuable benefit for those interested in all types of sale of goods contracts, including the sale of commodities. The detailed commentary provides analysis on decided cases as well as on standard form contracts which represent evolving trade practice. In addition to matters of contract law, the book considers relevant property law, most notably addressing those issues arising out of the use of documents of title, such as marine bills of lading. The rights and duties of buyer and seller are explained in depth, and the relationship of sale contracts to other contracts, such as charter parties and letter of credit contracts, is rigorously examined. The book deals with issues of frustration and force majeure, the passing of property and risk, and remedies. The new edition provides expanded coverage of remedies, the passing of property, and the CISG, and gives even greater focus to the standard form contracts. All important recent decisions are considered and particularly those relating to interpretation and implied terms and the bunkers litigation. As ever, the law is explained in the context of commercial practice making the book an ideal reference source for practitioners, scholars and postgraduate students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780198792703 (hbk)
- 0198792700 (hbk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: