Excited-state spectroscopy in solids : Varenna on Lake Como, Villa Monastero, 9-19 July 1985
- edited by U.M. Grassano and N. Terzi.
- Amsterdam ; New York : North-Holland, 1987.
- Physical description
- xvi, 523 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi." Proceedings of the International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi" course 96.
- Includes bibliographies.
- Introduction (U.M. Grassano and N. Terzi). Exciton-polariton states in insulators and semiconductors (F. Bassani and L.C Andreani). Creation, motion and decay of excitons in rare-gas solids (G. Zimmerer). Elementary excitations in diluted magnetic semiconductors (W. Gebhardt). Frequency-dependent phase of reflected light and transient reflectivity near an excitonic resonance in CdSe (C. Gourdon and P. Lavallard). Polarization effects on localized exciton states in solids (T.O. Woodruff). Resonant photoemission in semiconductors (P. Perfetti). Selective pair luminescence in semiconductors (J.C.M. Henning). Phonons and electron-phonon interaction at localized centres (H. Thomas). Phonon pulses: spectroscopic generation and dynamics (K.F. Renk). Nonradiative transfer of optical excitation in ruby (M. Montagna and G. Viliani). Transfer and trapping of optical excitation (D.L. Huber). Excitation, vibrational fluorescence and energy transfer of CN- defect modes in alkali halides (F. Luty). Surface excitations from particle-surface scattering (G. Benedek). High-intensity picosecond laser interaction with semiconductors (A.M. Malvezzi). Picosecond vibrational dynamics of O - 2 in alkali halide hosts (W.H. Knox). High-resolution spectroscopy of organic solids: hole-burning in molecular crystals and amorphous systems at low temperature (S. Volker). Energy transfer in restricted geometries (J. Klafter, J.M. Drake and A. Blumen). Energetics and dynamics of clusters (J. Jortner, D. Scharf and U. Landman). Excitation dynamics in biomolecular systems (R.S. Knox).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780444870704 20160528
- Publication date
- Proceedings of the International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi" ; course 96
- Title on added t.p.: Spettroscopia degli stati eccitati nei solidi.
- At head of title: Italian Physical Society.
- Includes index.
- Related Work
- Spettroscopia degli stati eccitati nei solidi.
Browse related items
Start at call number: