500 freshwater aquarium fish : a visual reference to the most popular species
- consulting editor, Greg Jennings.
- Buffalo, New York : Firefly Books, 2018.
- Physical description
- 528 pages : color illustrations ; 17 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|SF457 .A14 2018||Unknown|
- Jennings, Greg, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- 'For users looking for specific information on freshwater aquarium fish this will be a useful and interesting resource' American Reference Books Annual 2007. 'Any home or library collection strong in aquarium references -and many a fish store - will find this packed with in-depth detail perfect for setting up an aquarium' The Midwest Book Review. This comprehensive full-colour reference covers 500 of the most popular freshwater aquarium fish. Along with a description and a colour photograph for each species, there is at-a-glance information on its behavior, diet, breeding and the aquarium environment. Substantive and well organized for easy navigation, it is tailored to the needs of a wide range of freshwater aquarium hobbyists. Beginners will start their new hobby with confidence and experienced keepers can use the book as a reference to equipment, aquarium maintenance and fish species. A key decision for the aquarium owner, new and experienced - and also one of the most fun to make - is choosing the fish. 500 Freshwater Aquarium Fish is a "window shopping" trip with an aquarium specialist ready to offer crucial advice. The directory details every species appropriate for a freshwater aquarium and while most of the fish featured require a heated aquarium, there are other popular varieties that can be kept in an unheated one (such as bloodfin tetras, white clouds and the beginner classic, goldfish). The book organizes the freshwater aquarium species in major groups, among them: Cichlids, including angelfish and discus; Catfish; Cyprinids, including barbs, danios, koi and goldfish; Characoids, including tetras, neons and piranhas; Loaches and suckers; Gouramis, including bettas, paradise fish and snakeheads; Rainbow fish and blue-eyes; Livebearers, including mollies and platies. Many new freshwater aquarium species have been discovered in recent years, including five dwarf gobies, a flasher wrasse, the "Oreo Chromis" and a Corydoras catfish. All these and more are covered in this comprehensive and useful reference.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781770859197 20180723
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Five hundred freshwater aquarium fish
- Previously published: 2006.
- 1770859195 paperback
- 9781770859197 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: