Die Bleierne Zeit = Marianne & Julianne
- Eine Produktion des Bioskop-Film München ; Filmverlag der Autoren ; Buch und Regie, Margarethe von Trotta.
- German, English. In German with English subtitles.
- digital; optical.
- video file; all regions.DVD video.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (106 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Bondy, Luc, 1948-2015, actor.
- Rudolph, Verenice, 1951- actor.
- Schade, Doris, 1924- actor.
- Vogler, Rüdiger, actor.
- Lampe, Jutta, 1943- actor.
- Sukowa, Barbara, 1950- actor.
- Trotta, Margarethe von, film director, screenwriter.
- Bioskop-Film production company.
- Filmverlag der Autoren, production company.
- ["The focus of this moving film is the relationship, emotional and psychological, between two sisters and it is based on a true story. The details of the personalities of the two main characters and their development parallels the personal history of the Ensslin sisters: Gudrun (Marianne in the film) was imprisoned as a terrorist in the Stammheim prison, where she died, supposedly a suicide, in the Fall of 1977 ; Christiane (Julianne in the film) worked for sometime as an editor of a women's magazine, \"Emma\", and was determined to prove that her sister did not kill herself."]
- Supplemental links
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Title Variation
- Translation of German title: Leaden time.
- Marianne and Julianne.
- Marianne & Julianne.
- Originally produced in Germany as motion picture in 1981.
- Use copy of media materials now unusable in original format. Media conversion undertaken based on Fair Use analysis. Copy created 2018.
- Production Credits
- Written and directed by Margarethe von Trotta ; produced by Eberhard Junkersdorf ; cameraman, Franz Rath ; editor, Dagmar Hirtz ; music, Nicolas Economou ; sound, Vladimir Vizner ; costumes, Monika Hasse, Jorge Jara ; make-up, Rüdiger Knoll.
- Barbara Sukowa, Jutta Lampe, Rüdiger Vogler, Doris Schade, Verenice Rudolph, Luc Bondy, et al.
- Previously issued as a videocassette in the United Staes in 1989.
- Disc characteristics: DVD-R.
Browse related items
Start at call number: