Game changers in labour law : shaping the future of work
- editors, Frank Hendrickx, Valerio De Stefano.
- Alphen aan den Rijn : Wolters Kluwer : Kluwer Law International B.V., 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxi, 241 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Bulletin of comparative labour relations ; v. 100.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction / Frank Hendrickx & Valerio De Stefano
- The changing face of capital : the withering of the employment relationship in the information age / Janice R. Bellace
- Non-standard employment around the world : regulatory answers to face its challenges / Janine Berg, Mariya Aleksynska, Valerio De Stefano & Martine Humblet
- European labour law and the millennium shift : from post to (social) pillar / Frank Hendrickx
- Labour law : the medium and the message / David Mangan
- Changing the rules of the game or rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic : 'Brexit' and the future of European social policy / Alan C. Neal
- Trade unions and the 'gig economy' / Michael Doherty
- Strikes in essential services under international law / Monika Schlachter
- Collective bargaining and the All-China Federation of Trade Unions : a game changer in governing Chinese workplaces? / Mimi Zou
- What we know about equal employment opportunity law after fifty years of trying / Susan Bisom-Rapp
- Expansion of temporary agency work across borders and the difficulties for workers involved, in particular in light of their work-life balance / Mijke Houwerzijl
- Protection against dismissal in contemporary labour law / Barbara Kresal
- Employee data protection in the transnational company / Achim Seifert
- Regulating labour relations and a changing society : the pathways of a Baltic country, Estonia / Merle Erikson
- Main directions of change in French industrial relations and labour law / Jacques Rojot
- Tradition and innovation in labour law : the ambiguous case of 'agile working' in Italy / Michele Tiraboschi.
- "[This book] is pursued in the spirit and with the methods of the late Emeritus Professor Roger Blanpain, a great reformer who continuously searched for key challenges in the world of work and looked as far as possible into the future, engaging in critical reflection and rethinking the design of labour law. While seeking to identify the main game changers, the authors explore new pathways and answers which may help to understand and shape the future of work."-- Back cover.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title variation
- Game changers in labor law
- Shaping the future of work
- Bulletin of comparative labour relations ; volume 100
- "This volume aims to commemorate the late Emeritus Professor Roger Blanpain...by bringing together international scholars in setting up the 100th Bulletin of Comparative Labour Relations."--Page 1.
- "[This] volume derives from an international conference organized by Institute for Labour Law at the University of Leuven, Belgium in November 2017."--Back cover.
- 9789041199539 (paperback ; acid-free paper)
- 9041199535 (paperback ; acid-free paper)
- 9789041199546 (eBook)
- 9041199543 (eBook)
- 9789041199553 (web-PDF)
- 9041199551 (web-PDF)
Browse related items
Start at call number: