Bioprocess engineering for a green environment
- edited by V. Sivasubramanian.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- An Overview of Bioprocess Engineering. Biotechnology and its Significance in Environmental Protection. Recent Perspectives in Intensive Bioprocessing for Sustainable Environment. Solid Waste Management in Rural India. Bio-Based Building Materials for Green and Sustainable Environment. Bioprocessing of Agro-Food Industrial Wastes for the Production of Bacterial Polysaccharides. Bioprocessing for Enhanced Biological Textile Wastewater Treatment. Zero-Waste Bioprocessing:Intergrated Biorefineries. Inulinases and its Applications in Food Processing. Industry.Biodegradable Plastics for an Sustainable Environment. Biosurfactant Based Nanovesicle-Efficient Drug Delivery Systems. Sustainable Production of Biofuels-A Green Spark: Technology, Economics and Environmental Issues. Bioprocessing and Biofuels for Green and Clean Environment. Potential of Oleaginous Microorganisms on Green Diesel Production. Microwave-Assisted Pretreatment of Biomass into Biofuel. Microalgae: A Source for Third Generation Biofuels. Developments in the Lipid Extraction Tecniqes from Algae. Overview on Recent Trends in Stem Cell Bioprocessing.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781315232379 20180618
- Publisher's Summary
- This book deals with bioprocess engineering, which encompasses the design and development of equipment and processes for the manufacturing of products such as food, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, polymers and paper from biological materials. It also deals with studying various biotechnological processes used in industries for large scale production of biological products, for the optimization of yield. This work also incorporates significant treatment on biocatalysts and their applications in food industry, bioplastics production, conversion of agro waste and the importance of biotechnology in bioprocessing. This is coupled with pertinent information related to environmental contaminants.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781315232379 20180618
- Biochemical engineering.
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. London Available via World Wide Web.
- 9781315232379 (electronic bk.)
- 1315232375 (electronic bk.)
- 9781351867870 (e-book : PDF)