John Cage : a research and information guide
- Sara Haefeli.
- New York ; London : Routledge, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 241 pages ; 24 cm.
- Routledge music bibliographies.
|ML134 .C147 H34 2018||In-library use|
- Haefeli, Sara, author.
- Preface Acknowledgements Chapter 1: John Cage: History and Historiography Chapter 2: Catalog of Compositions by Instrumentation Chapter 3: Sources and Reference Materials Chapter 4: Biographical and Historical Studies Chapter 5: Work Studies Chapter 6: Cage in Connection to Others Chapter 7: Compositional Techniques and Aesthetic Philosophy Chapter 8: Political and Social Philosophy Index of Authors and Editors Work Index Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138929432 20180618
- Publisher's Summary
- This annotated bibliography uncovers the wealth of resources available on the life and music of John Cage, one of the most influential and fascinating composers of the twentieth-century. The guide will focus on documentary studies, archival resources, scholarly research, and autobiographical materials, and place the composer and his work in a larger context of postmodern philosophy, art and theater movements, and contemporary politics. It will support emerging scholarship and inquiry for future research on Cage, with carefully selected sources and useful annotations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781138929432 20180618
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Routledge music bibliographies
- Includes indexes.
- 9781138929432 (hardback)
- 1138929433 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: