The diversity and beauty of applied operator theory
- Albrecht Böttcher, Daniel Potts, Peter Stollmann, David Wenzel, editors.
- Cham : Birkhäuser, 
- Physical description
- xv, 504 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- Operator theory, advances and applications ; v. 268.
- Operator theory, advances and applications. Advances in partial differential equations.
- Operator theory, advances and applications. Linear operators and linear systems.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA329 .I585 2017||Unknown|
- International Workshop on Operator Theory and Applications (28th : 2017 : Chemnitz, Germany), author.
- Böttcher, Albrecht, editor.
- Potts, Daniel, editor.
- Stollmann, Peter, editor.
- Wenzel, David, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Standard versus strict bounded real lemma with infinite-dimensional state space II : the storage function approach / J.A. Ball, G.J. Groenewald and S. ter Horst
- Eigenvalues of even very nice Toeplitz matrices can be unexpectedly erratic / M. Barrera, A. Böttcher, S.M. Grudsky and E.A. Maximenko
- Spectral regularity of a C*-algebra generated by two-dimensional singular integral operators / H. Bart, T. Ehrhardt and B. Silbermann
- A spectral shift function for Schrodinger operators with singular interactions / J. Behrndt, F. Gesztesy and S. Nakamura
- Quantum graph with the Dirac operator and resonance states completeness / I.V. Blinova and I.Y. Popov
- Robert Sheckley's answerer for two orthogonal projections / A. Böttcher and I.M. Spitkovsky
- Toeplitz kernels and model spaces / M.C. Câmara and J.R. Partington
- Frames, operator representations, and open problems / O. Christensen and M. Hasannasab
- A survey on solvable sesquilinear forms / R. Corso
- An application of limiting interpolation to Fourier series theory / L.R. Ya. Doktorski
- Isomorphisms of AC (...) spaces for countable sets / I. Doust and S. Al-shakarchi
- Restricted inversion of split-Bezoutians / T. Ehrhardt and K. Rost
- S. Gefter and A. Goncharuk : Generalized backward shift operators on the ring Zf[[...]], Cramer's rule for infinite linear systems, and p-adic integers
- Feynman path integral regularization using Fourier Integral Operator ...-functions / T. Hartung
- Improving Monte Carlo integration by symmetrization / T. Hartung, K. Jansen, H. Leövey and J. Volmer
- More on the density of analytic polynomials in abstract Hardy spaces / A. Karlovich and E. Shargorodsky
- Pseudodifferential operators with compound non-regular symbols / Yu.I. Karlovich
- Asymptotically sharp inequalities for polynomials involving mixed Hermite norms / H. Langenau
- A two-parameter eigenvalue problem for a class of block-operator matrices / M. Levitin and H.M. öztürk
- Finite sections of the Fibonacci Hamiltonian / M. Lindner and H. Söding
- Spectral asymptotics for Toeplitz operators and an application to banded matrices / A. Pushnitski
- Beyond fractality : piecewise fractal and quasifractal algebras / S. Roch
- Unbounded operators on Hilbert C*-modules and C*-algebras / K. Schmiidgen
- A characterization of positive normal functionals on the full operator algebra / Z. Sebestyén, Zs. Tarcsay and T. Titkos
- The linearised Korteweg-de Vries equation on general metric graphs / C. Seifert
- Bounded multiplicative Toeplitz operators on sequence spaces / N. Thorn
- On higher index differential-algebraic equations in infinite dimensions / S. Trostorff and M. Waurick
- Characterizations of centrality by local convexity of certain functions on C*-algebras / D. Virosztek
- Double-scaling limits of Toeplitz determinants and Fisher-Hartwig singularities / J. A. Virtanen.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book presents 29 invited articles written by participants of the International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications held in Chemnitz in 2017. The contributions include both expository essays and original research papers illustrating the diversity and beauty of insights gained by applying operator theory to concrete problems. The topics range from control theory, frame theory, Toeplitz and singular integral operators, Schroedinger, Dirac, and Kortweg-de Vries operators, Fourier integral operator zeta-functions, C*-algebras and Hilbert C*-modules to questions from harmonic analysis, Monte Carlo integration, Fibonacci Hamiltonians, and many more. The book offers researchers in operator theory open problems from applications that might stimulate their work and shows those from various applied fields, such as physics, engineering, or numerical mathematics how to use the potential of operator theory to tackle interesting practical problems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319759951 20180813
- Operator theory > Congresses.
- Algebra > Congresses.
- Matrix groups > Congresses.
- Global analysis (Mathematics) > Congresses.
- Manifolds (Mathematics) > Congresses.
- System theory > Congresses.
- Differential equations > Congresses.
- Harmonic analysis > Congresses.
- Pseudodifferential operators > Congresses.
- Publication date
- Operator theory, advances and applications, 0255-0156 ; volume 268. Linear operators and linear systems. Advances in partial differential equations
- Proceedings of the 28th International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications (IWOTA) held in Chemnitz, Germany, 2017.
- "ISSN 2296-4878 (electronic)--Title page verso.
- 9783319759951 (hd.bd.)
- 9783319759968 (online)
- 3319759957 (hbk.)
- 3319759965 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: