Mingus at Monterey
- [New York?] : C. Mingus, 
- Physical description
- 2 audio discs : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|MINGUS JWS 001--002||In-library use|
- Duke Ellington medley: I've got it bad ; In a sentimental mood ; All too soon ; Mood indigo ; Sophisticated lady ; A train
- Orange was the color of her dress, then blue silk / C. Mingus
- Meditations on integration / C. Mingus.
- Release date
- Production date
- Avant-garde jazz.
- Jazz ensembles, composed by Duke Ellington or Charles Mingus.
- Critical reviews from various publications and additional notes by C. Mingus on album.
- Charles Mingus, bass ; with Buddy Collette, alto sax, flute, piccolo ; Charlie McPherson, alto sax ; John Handy III, tenor sax ; Jack Nimitz, baritone sax, bass clarinet ; Bobby Bryant, Lonnie Hillyer, Melvin Moore, trumpets ; Lou Blackburn, trombone ; Red Callendar, tuba ; Dannie Richmond, drums ; Jaki Byard, piano.
- Recorded at the Monterey Jazz Festival ca. 1964.
- Publisher Number
- JWS 001--JWS 002 C. Mingus