Catalysis : Concepts and Green Applications
- Gadi Rothenberg.
- Second, revised and enlarge edition.
- Weinheim, [Germany] : WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, 2017.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (318 pages)
- Rothenberg, Gadi author.
- Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapter and index.
- INTRODUCTION Green chemistry and sustainable development What is catalysis and why is it important? Tools in catalysis research Exercises THE BASICS OF CATALYSIS Catalysis is a kinetic phenomenon Practical approaches in kinetic studies An overview of the basic concepts in catalysis Exercises HOMOGENEOUS CATALYSIS Metal complex catalysis in the liquid phase Homogeneous catalysis without metals Scaling up and down: Pros and cons "Click chemistry" and homogeneous catalysis Exercises HETEROGENEOUS CATALYSIS Classic gas/solid systems Liquid/solid and liquid/liquid catalytic systems Advanced process solutions using heterogeneous catalysis Exercises BIOCATALYSIS The basics of enzymatic catalysis Applications of enzyme catalysis Developing new biocatalysts: Better than nature's best Non-enzymatic biocatalysts Industrial examples Exercises COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN CATALYSIS RESEARCH Computers as research tools in catalysis Modelling catalysts and catalytic cycles Predictive modelling and rational catalyst design An overview of data mining methods in catalysis Exercises.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527343058 20180521
- Publisher's Summary
- After the great success now in its 2nd Edition: This textbook covers all aspects of catalysis, including computational methods, industrial applications and green chemistry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527343058 20180521
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI : ProQuest, 2016. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest affiliated libraries.
- ProQuest (Firm)
- 9783527808885 (e-book)