Wright Morris Territory : a Treasury of Work
- Lincoln : UNP - Bison Original, 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (346 pages)
- Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Editor's Introduction; Biographical Sketch of Wright Morris; Excerpt from The Inhabitants; A Man of Caliber; Excerpt from My Uncle Dudley; Excerpts from Will's Boy: A Memoir; Our Endless Plains; The Rites of Spring; The Origin of a Species: 1942-1957; Excerpt from Love Among the Cannibals; Excerpt from One Day; A Conversation with Wright Morris; The Safe Place; Glimpse into Another Country; Letter to a Young Critic; Technique and Raw Material; The Ram in the Thicket; The Question of Privacy; The Sound Tape; Excerpt from The Deep Sleep.
- The Character of the Lover; Excerpt from The Huge Season; Made in U.S.A.; Excerpts from In Orbit; Wake Before Bomb; Excerpt from Plains Song: For Female Voices; Source Acknowledgments; Further Reading Suggestions.
- Best known for his novels, including the National Book Award winners The Field of Vision and Plains Song, Nebraska-born author Wright Morris has long been regarded as one of America's most gifted writers. This volume, culling work from the photo-text books, criticism, and numerous short stories frequently overlooked among his oeuvre, reflects the true breadth of this quintessentially American artist's talents. As such, it offers a fascinating overview of Morris's inspiring accomplishments in multiple genres. While embracing the prose for which Morris is justly famous, this treasury of work als.
- Publication date
- 9780803238046 (electronic bk.)
- 0803238045 (electronic bk.)