Constitutional developments of the Habsburg Empire in the last decades before its fall : the materials of Polish-Hungarian Conference, Cracow, September 2007
- edited by Kazimierz Baran.
- Kraków : Jagiellonian University Press, 2010.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (94 pages) : illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references.
- From the Editor of the Volume The; Józef Pilsudski's Attitude toward the Cause of Austria and Germany in World War I; Introductory Remarks. Józef Pilsudski: the Statesman of the Time of the War and of the Inter-war Period; Pilsudski's Scenario of Regaining Independence. Its Early Development; Programs other than those of Pilsudski; The Central Powers' Attitude toward the Polish Question. The Manifesto of 6 November 1916; International Dimension of the Polish Question; Pilsudski's Volta; Polish Representatives in the West; Polonia Restituta.
- The Role Played by the Constitutional Tribunal in Preserving the Liberal Nature of the Habsburg Monarchy at the Turn of the 19th Century "Freie Kirche im freien Staat": Die katholische Autonomie bewegung in Ungarn; Die Kirchenverfassung und die Autonomie; Die erste katholische Autonomie bewegung; Die Frage der katholischen Autonomie zwischen 1849 und 1867; Die zweite katholische Autonomie bewegung; Prof. Andor Csizmadia Dr. Dr. h.c. and His Researchinto the Legal History of Dualism; Gerichtsverfassung und Justizwesen in Ungarn um dieJahrhundertwende.
- Constitutional Liberty in the Area of Emigration in Austria(1867-1918). The Activities of the Emigration Agencies inGalicia and LodomeriaFreedom of Emigration in Austria during Constitutional Period. Legal Bases; The Role of Emigration Agencies in Organising Earning Emigration from Galicia; The Most Important Emigration Organising Institutions Operating in Galicia; Conclusions; Le roi manqué de Pologne
- Stéphane II Habsburg; The Cultural Heritage of the Hungarian Fideicommissa; The Legislation of the Fideicommissum in the Hungarian Kingdom; The Creation of Aristocratic Treasure Collections.
- The Esterházy TreasuresThe Precious Pálffy Movables; The Erdody Treasures; The Hungarian Feudal Institutions as Found in the LegalSystem of the Second Polish Republic. The Relationshipsbetween the Estate Manor and the Village in the Polish Spisz(Szepes) and Polish Orawa (Arva); Geographical Limits of the Discussed Problem; The Time Limits within which the Hungarian Law Remained in Force in the Territory of the Second Republic of Poland; The Hungarian Legal Remnants.
In the aftermath of the Polish-Hungarian Conference held in Cracow in 2007 there has been published the present volume. It is exponential of the cooperation between the legal historians of the Cracow and Pecs Universities. The participants of the Conference discussed at length the topics concerned with the constitutional developments in the Austro-Hungarian empire in the final era of its existence. A series of articles published in the volume are illustrative of the Rechtsstaat tendencies as detectable in the functioning of the Austro-Hungarian administration and the judiciary, and also in the field of Church-State relationships. Against that background there is also discussed the liberalism of the Austro-Hungarian regime in the area of emigration as well as the grass-roots initiative of the Poles in laying the foundations of Polonia restituta at the time when World War I had not yet come to its end. Last but not least, some authors present fairly individual topics such as the role of the fidei-comissuni in promoting the preservation of cultural legacy in the Hungarian part of the empire, or the survival of Hungarian serfdom tradition in the area of Poland controlled post-war Spisz and Orawa.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Habsburg, House of > Historiography.
- Habsburg, House of.
- Constitutional history > Austria.
- Constitutional history > Hungary.
- Austria > Politics and government > 1867-1918.
- Hungary > Politics and government > 1867-1918.
- Germany > Historiography.
- Hungary > Historiography.
- HISTORY > Europe > Western.
- Constitutional history.
- Politics and government.
- Electronic book.
- Publication date
- 9788323380269 (electronic bk.)
- 8323380260 (electronic bk.)