Atlas of musculoskeletal ultrasound anatomy
- Mike Bradley, Paul O'Donnell.
- data file.
- London ; San Francisco : Greenwich Medical Media, 2002.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xi, 260 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- 1. Shoulder girdle and upper arm, chest wall--
- 2. Elbow, wrist, hand, forearm--
- 3. Pelvis, groin, hips--
- 4. Knee, thigh--
- 5. Ankle, foot, lower limb.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Musculoskeletal ultrasound is an increasingly widely used technique, but relatively few centres undertake enough scanning to have developed the requisite level of expertise and anatomical knowledge. This book is aimed at the radiology trainee, the practising radiologist with an interest in musculoskeletal work, sonographers and other clinicians in related disciplines such as orthopaedics and sports medicine, who are getting more directly involved in ultrasound at a 'hands-on' level. It aims to provide the reader with the essential grounding in normal ultrasound anatomy that they require in order to be able to assess when this anatomy is disrupted through injury and/or disease. The book will be structured systemically, each anatomical area of interest being covered by high quality ultrasound scans and accompanying, concise text. Around 100 individual anatomical descriptions are included in total and the ultrasound images presented would be a mixture of axial, sagital or coronal, to best illustrate the anatomy being described. Wherever possible, unlabelled versions of each scan will be set alongside anatomically labelled versions for clarity, and MR images are occasionally used for comparative puropses throughout the book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Musculoskeletal system > Ultrasonic imaging.
- Musculoskeletal system > Diseases > Diagnosis > Atlases.
- Ultrasonic imaging > Atlases.
- MEDICAL > Orthopedics.
- HEALTH & FITNESS > Diseases > Musculoskeletal.
- MEDICAL > Rheumatology.
- Musculoskeletal system > Diseases > Diagnosis.
- Ultrasonic imaging.
- Musculoskeletal System > anatomy & histology.
- Musculoskeletal System > diagnostic imaging.
- Musculoskeletal Diseases > diagnostic imaging.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound anatomy
- 0511196121 (electronic bk.)
- 9780511196126 (electronic bk.)