Cases of teachers' data use
- edited by Nicole Barnes and Helenrose Fives.
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 198 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2846 .C344 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface, Helenrose Fives and Nicole Barnes-- Foreword, James Spillane
- 1. Context for Data Use and the Emergence of Promising Practices, Andrea Conklin Bueschel
- 2. Teachers' Practice Based Data Use Strategies, Helenrose Fives and Nicole Barnes
- 3. Following the Path of Greatest Persistence: Sensemaking, Data Use, and the Everyday Practice of Teaching, Carolyn J. Riehl, Hester Earle, Pavithra Nagarajan, Tara E. Schwitzman, and Laura Vernikoff
- 4. Using a Learning Trajectory to Make Sense of Student Work for Instruction, Caroline B. Ebby
- 5. From Focusing on Grades to Exploring Student Thinking: A Case Study of Change in Assessment Practice, Stephanie Rafanelli, Hilda Borko, Matthew Kloser, and Matthew Wilsey
- 6. Using Data Meaningfully to Teach for Understanding in Middle School Science, Melissa Braaten, Chris Bradford, Sadie Fox Barocas, and Kathryn L. Kirchgasler
- 7. Using Standardized Test Data as a Starting Point for Inquiry: A Case of Thoughtful Compliance, Brette Garner and Ilana Horn
- 8. Beyond Matchmaking: Considering Aims for Teacher Data Use, Margaret Evans, Priya LaLonde, Nora Gannon-Slater, Hope Crenshaw, Rebecca Teasdale, Jennifer Green, and Thomas Schwandt
- 9. Moving Beyond Academic Achievement: Using Non-Academic Data to Identify and Support Struggling Students, Tammy Kolbe, Katharine G. Shepherd, and Jonathan Sessions
- 10. "Everyone's Responsibility": Effective Team Collaboration and Data Use, Amanda Datnow, Vicki Park, and Bailey Choi
- 11. Adjustment in Practice: A Critical Response to Data-Driven Instruction, Nora M. Isacoff, Dana Karin, and Joseph P. McDonald12. Promising Practices for Data Use for Literacy and Language Development of Kindergarten Students, Tonya R. Moon, Catherine M. Brighton, Jordan M. Buckrop, Kerrigan Mahoney, and Marcia A. Invernizzi.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Cases of Teachers' Data Use addresses applications of student data beyond theoretical, school-, and district-level examinations by presenting case studies of teachers' data use in practice. Within the context of data-driven education reform policies, the authors examine the effective and ineffective ways that teachers make use of student data in instruction, evaluation, and planning. Promising practices, based on the empirical research presented, offer strategies and routines for sound data use that can be applied in schools. Chapters written by scholars from diverse methodological perspectives offer readers multiple lenses to use in considering issues of data use such that current theoretical assumptions may be challenged and the field advanced. This uniquely focused yet comprehensive work is an indispensable resource for researchers and students interested in classroom assessment and for professionals looking to support teachers' use of student performance data for adaptive instruction.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781138056398 (hbk.)
- 1138056391 (hbk.)
- 9781138056404 (pbk.)
- 1138056405 (pbk.)
- 9781315165370 (ebk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: