Globes : Visions of the world
- English, French, Aramaic. Parallel text in French and English, left to right. Text in Arabic, right to left.
- [Edinburgh] : Akkadia Press, 2018.
- Physical description
- 75, 75 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), maps; 30 cm
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G3165 .G5 2018||In-library use|
- Globes: Visions of the World uses remarkable works of cartography, art, science and technology to tell the fascinating story of how humanity has understood our planet and the cosmos across two and a half millennia. This work, in English, French and Arabic, has been published to accompany the second temporary exhibition at the new Louvre Abu Dhabi. It seeks to recreate the links between this long search for knowledge and today’s science and comprehension by paying tribute to the visionary scholars whose goal was to model – in spheres, circles and ellipses – our fascinating cosmos.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Le monde en sphères
- Exhibit catalog for "Globes : Visions of the world" at Louvre Abu Dhabi, March 23-June 2, 2018.
- Includes introductions by: His Excellency Mohamed Al Mubarek, Chairman of the Department of Culture and Tourism, Abu Dhabi -- Manuel Rabaté, Director of Louvre Abu Dhabi -- Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière, President of Agence France Muséums -- Laurence Engel, President of the Bibliothèque Nationale de France.