Judicial resource book on violence against women for Asia : combating violence against women and girls for Cambodia, India, Pakistan and Thailand
- Niaz A Shah.
- London, United Kingdom : Commonwealth Secretariat, 
- Physical description
- xv, 202 pages ; 26 cm
- Shah, Niaz A., author.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction: Violence against women and girls
- Violence against women and girls as a human rights issue
- Combating violence against women and girls : the commitment of the CEDAW Committee
- Access to justice for victims of violence
- Child, early and forced marriage
- Domestic violence
- Sexual harassment.
The Judicial Resource Book on Violence Against Women for Asia deepens our understanding of the varying forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG) and raises awareness of the important role that the judiciary can play in tackling them. It is designed to be used by judicial officers and other professionals as a practical contribution towards promoting justice and fairness in the judicial process for women who have been victims of violence. Produced in partnership with the UN Women Regional Office for Asia- Pacific, this volume brings together information on key judgments of apex courts in Cambodia, India, Pakistan and Thailand to advance protections for women against violence, through application of constitutional guarantees and international human rights law. Judgments are analysed in the context of relevant legislative frameworks, and guidance offered on best practices on overcoming gender bias when dispensing justice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Combating violence against women and girls for Cambodia, India, Pakistan and Thailand
- 9781849291750 paperback
- 1849291756 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: