Framelets and wavelets : algorithms, analysis, and applications
- Bin Han.
- Cham, Switzerland : Birkhäuser, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxxiii, 724 pages ; 24 cm.
- Applied and numerical harmonic analysis.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA403.3 .H36 2017||Unknown|
- Han, Bin, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface.- Chapter 1. Discrete Framelet Transforms.- Chapter 2. Wavelet Filter Banks.- Chapter 3. Framelet Filter Banks.- Chapter 4. Analysis of Affine Systems and Dual Framelets.- Chapter 5. Analysis of Refinable Vector Functions.- Chapter 6. Framelets and Wavelets Derived from Refinable Functions.- Chapter 7. Applications of Framelets and Wavelets.- Appendix A. Basics on Fourier Analysis.- Notes and Acknowledgments.- Bibliography.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319685298 20180611
- Publisher's Summary
- Marking a distinct departure from the perspectives of frame theory and discrete transforms, this book provides a comprehensive mathematical and algorithmic introduction to wavelet theory. As such, it can be used as either a textbook or reference guide. As a textbook for graduate mathematics students and beginning researchers, it offers detailed information on the basic theory of framelets and wavelets, complemented by self-contained elementary proofs, illustrative examples/figures, and supplementary exercises. Further, as an advanced reference guide for experienced researchers and practitioners in mathematics, physics, and engineering, the book addresses in detail a wide range of basic and advanced topics (such as multiwavelets/multiframelets in Sobolev spaces and directional framelets) in wavelet theory, together with systematic mathematical analysis, concrete algorithms, and recent developments in and applications of framelets and wavelets. Lastly, the book can also be used to teach on or study selected special topics in approximation theory, Fourier analysis, applied harmonic analysis, functional analysis, and wavelet-based signal/image processing.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319685298 20180611
- Wavelets (Mathematics)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Applied and numerical harmonic analysis
- 9783319685298 hardcover
- 3319685295 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: