Dizziness and vertigo across the lifespan
- A. Tucker Gleason, Bradley W. Kesser.
- St. Louis, Mo. : Elsevier, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- online resource (xii, 257 pages) : color illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section 1: Introduction to dizziness. Dizziness demographics and population health
- Clinical examination of the dizzy patient in the context of contemporary diagnostic techniques
- Section 2: Pediatric. Development of the vestibular system and balance function: differential diagnosis in the pediatric population
- Assessment techniques for vestibular evaluation in pediatric patients
- The predominant forms of vertigo in children and their associated findings on balance function testing
- Section 3: Adolescent and adult. Dizziness and vertigo in the adolescent
- Evaluation of dizziness in the litigating patient
- Positional vertigo: as occurs across all age groups
- Vestibular neuritis
- Migraine-associated vertigo
- Superior canal dehiscence
- Meniere's disease: a challenging and relentless disorder
- Uncommon causes of disequilibrium in the adult
- Section 4: Elderly. Baroreflexes
- Vertebrobasilar infarcts and ischemia
- Dizziness in the elderly
- Medication-related dizziness in the older adult
- Vestibular rehabilitation of older adults with dizziness.
- "Get a quick, expert overview of dizziness and vertigo from childhood through old age with this concise, practical resource. Drs. Bradley W. Kesser and Tucker Gleason have assembled a leading team of experts to address timely clinical topics of interest to otolarynologists and other health care providers who see patients with these common problems. Covers key topics such as the clinical exam and diagnostic techniques, assessment and differential diagnosis in the pediatric population, dizziness and vertigo in the adolescent and the elderly, evaluation of dizziness in the litigating patient, vHIT, positional vertigo in all age groups, vestibular neuritis, migraine-associated vertigo, Meniere's disease, medication-related dizziness in the older adult, and more. Includes information on dizziness demographics and population health, as well as development of the vestibular system and balance function. Consolidates today's available information and experience in this important area into one convenient resource"--Publisher's description.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780323551366 hardcover
- 032355136X hardcover
- 0323551378 (electronic bk.)
- 9780323551373 (electronic bk.)