Tuḥfat al-maqāl fī al-iṣṭilāhāt wa al-amthāl
- ʻAbd al-Fattāh Sayyid.
- Urdu, Arabic, Persian, English. Text in Arabic, Persian, Urdu (in nastaʻlīq script) , and English.
- Bombay : [publisher not identified], 1289 .
- Physical description
- , 208 pages ; 25 cm
- Sayyid, ʻAbd al-Fattāh.
- This is an early travel phrase book. It contains a collection of phrases a traveler is likely to use, from asking for directions to casual conversations and proverbs.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Iṣṭilāhāt wa al-amthāl
- Tuhfatal-maqal fil istilchat wa'l amthal
- Colophon states in English: "The author will feel highly obliged if critical readers will be so kind as to point out any errors of orthography grammar or idiom which may have crept into this little work and which have escaped the errata ..."
- Includes index.
- Title page includes a biographical note about the author in English.
- Cover outward bowed. First and last endpapers damaged. Loose spine, else the book is in good condition.