The political and commercial works of that celebrated writer Charles D'Avenant, relating to the trade and revenue of England, the Plantation trade, the East-India trade and African trade
- Collected and rev. by Sir Charles Whitworth. To which is a annexed a copious index.
- London, Printed for R. Horsfield [etc.] 1771.
- Physical description
- 5 v. tables (part fold.) 21 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: (v.1-
|H33 .D3||In-library use|
- v. 1. An essay upon ways and means. An essay on the East India trade. Discourses on the public revenues and on the trade of England, in two parts: pt.
- 1: I. Of the use of political arithmetic, in all considerations about the revenues and trade. II. On credit, and the means and methods by which it may be restored. III. On the management of the king's revenues. IV. Whether to farm the revenue, may not, in this juncture, be most for the public service. V. On the public debts and engagements. To which is added, A discourse upon improving the revenue of the state of Athens [written originally in Greek, by Xenophon. And made English from the original, with some historica notes. By W. M., esq., i.e. Walter Moyle] pt.
- 2: I. That foreign trade is beneficial to England. II. On the protection and care of trade.
- v. 2. Discourses on the public revenues and on the trade of England [pt.
- 2 concluded] III. On the plantation trade. IV. On the East-India trade. An essay upon the probable methods of making a people gainers in the balance of trade.
- v. 3. A discourse upon grants and resumptions. Postscript to the second edition. An essay upon the balance of power. An essay upon the right of making war, peace, and alliances.
- v. 4. An essay upon universial monarchy. appendix: Articles du traite d'entre la France et l'Angleterre fait par le cardinal Mazarin et Cromwell. The true picture of a modern Whig, &c. Essays upon peace at home, and war abroad. --
- v. 5. Essays upon peace at home, and war abroad [concluded] Reflections upon the constitution and management of the trade to Africa. Report to the Homourable the commissioners for putting in execution the act, intituled "An act for the taking, examining and stating the public accounts of the Kingdom."
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: