Deep learning with R
- François Chollet ; with J.J. Allaire.
- Shelter Island, NY : Manning Publications Co., 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxi, 335 pages : illustrations, charts ; 24 cm
At the library
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QA76.9 .D343 C46 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Description Artificial intelligence has made some incredible leaps. Deep learning systems now deliver near-human speech and image recognition, not to mention machines capable of beating world champion Go masters. Deep learning applies to a widening range of problems, such as question answering, machine translation, and optical character recognition. It's behind photo tagging, self-driving cars, virtual assistants and other previously impossible applications. Deep Learning with R is for developers and data scientists with some R experience who want to use deep learning to solve real-world problems. The book is structured around a series of practical examples that introduce each new concept and demonstrate best practices. You'll begin by learning what deep learning is, how it connects with AI and Machine Learning, and why it's rapidly gaining in importance right now. You'll then dive into practical applications of computer vision, natural language processing, and more. Key features * Understand key machine learning concepts * Set up a computer environment for deep learning * Visualize neural networks * Use recurrent neural networks for text and sequence Classification Audience You'll need intermediate R programming skills. No previous experience with machine learning or deep learning is required. About the technology Although deep learning can be a challenging subject, new technologies make it much easier to get started than ever before. The Keras deep learning library featured in this book puts ease of use and accessibility front and center, making it a great fit for new practitioners.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781617295546 20180514
- Publication date
- Copyright date
Browse related items
Start at call number: