- Maro Vandorou.
- English, Greek, Modern (1453- ). English and Greek text.
- Athens, Greece : Fotolion + Typicon, 2008.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 45 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|N7433.4 .V363 A4 2008||In-library use|
- Fragmented light / Fani Constantinou
- Fragmented light / Chris Bennett
- Platinotypes & fragmented light / Maro Vandorou
- Washi the Japanese handmade paper / Maro Vandorou.
- "'Fragmented Light' is the first part of a trilogy that documents a personal journey of profound transformation. The series references time--elapsed, logical, linear time--and time of the heart and emotions. In a visit to my birthplace I reflect on my roots, my decisions and their consequences, as I struggle to reconcile the essence of existence and of human emotions beyond place and beyond time. Infused by the emotional energy of Keramicos, an ancient cemetery in Athens, Greece, the images printed as Platinotypes on precious Gampi paper are in themselves fragile memory fragments. My prints combine the austere monochromatic beauty and permanence of a historic photographic process with the fragility and timelessness of a rare Japanese paper"--Artist's website, viewed on September 11, 2015. http://www.marovandorou.com/fragmented-light
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Limited edition of 1000 copies.
- A catalog for Maro Vandorou's 'Fragmented light' exhibition in 2008 and 2009. Sewn signatures in a paper wrapper. Digital reproductions of photographs from the installation "Fragmented light" by Maro Vandorou, accompanied by a poem in English and Greek. Essays by Fani Constantinou, Chris Bennett, and Maro Vandorou appear after the photograph series in both English and Greek.
- "The book 'Fragmented light' was designed by Maro Vandorou. Text was set in Myriad Pro 9/14, GFS Porson 10/14 and Electra Std 10/16. Printed on March 2008, in 1000 copies on Garda Pat paper 150 gsm. Production Fotolion + Typicon, Athens, Greece"--Colophon.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: initialed by the artist.
- 9789609305396 (pbk.)
- 9609305393 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: