Northeast Asian borders : history, politics, and local societies
- edited by Yuki Konagaya, Olga Shaglanova.
- Osaka, Japan : National Museum of Ethnology, 2016.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- i, 205 pages : illustrations, facsimiles, maps ; 26 cm.
- Senri ethnological studies ; no. 92.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Northeast Asian borders : history, politics, and local societies / Olga Shaglanova
- Thaws, freezes, and flows? : the realities of Sino-Russian relations on the borderlands / Akihiro Iwashita
- State-managed integration as a contributor to regional development : the cooperation program between China's northeast and Russia's far east and Eastern Siberia (2009 to 2018) / Cheng Yang
- Historical legacies and cinematic representations of cross-border interactions between China and Russia / Victor Zatsepine
- Phantom pains in Manchuria : dreams, projection, and nostalgia / Franck Billé
- Differing Korean and Japanese perceptions of the East Sea/Sea of Japan in the nineteenth century / Song-Yong Park
- The Russian state, remoteness, and a Buryat alternative vision / Caroline Humphrey
- The "borderlands milieu" between Russia and Mongolia : a history of settlement and transnational interactions / Olga Shaglanova
- The origins and evolution of strategic partnerships in indigenous societies : past strategies and present-day tactics / Yuki Konagaya
- A history of the far east indigenous peoples' transborder activities between the Russian and Chinese empires / Shiro Sasaki.
- Asia > Boundaries > Congresses.
- Russia > Boundaries > Asia > Congresses.
- Asia > Boundaries > Russia > Congresses.
- Asia > Foreign relations > Russia > Congresses.
- Russia > Foreign relations > Asia > Congresses.
- Asia > Politics and government > 1945- > Congresses.
- Asia > History > 1945- > Congresses.
- Diplomatic relations.
- Politics and government.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Senri Ethnological Studies, 0387-6004 ; 92
- "This book is the culmination of an international conference titled "The Russian-Chinese border: A 'Strategic Partnership' in a Mosaic of Indigenous Societies," held at the National Museum of Ethnology (MINPAKU), in Osaka, Japan, on January 8 and 9, 2014"--Preface.
- 9784906962433 (paperback)
- 4906962432 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: