Berg encyclopedia of world dress and fashion. Global perspectives
- Joanne B. Eicher and Phyllis G. Tortora (eds).
- Oxford : Berg, 2010-
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : illustrations (colour).
- Berg fashion library.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ["Global Perspectives provides a transnational overview of dress within the global arena. 'Intelligent' textiles and the impact of recent developments in nanotechnology are addressed alongside such popular culture phenomena as cosplay, based on Japanese comics and animation, and virtual worlds, where avatars provide opportunities for multiple, shifting identities. There are broad overview articles on the fashion industry and its impact worldwide, secondhand clothing, and ecofashion, which has evolved out of a concern for ethical consumption. Such varied topics as beads and perfumes are situated within a global context, and there is an informative section on dress and fashion resources worldwide, including museum collections. Global Perspectives provides an important cross-cultural overview of human dress and adornment across the globalized world."]
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Global perspectives
- Encyclopedia of world dress and fashion
- World dress and fashion
- Berg fashion library
- This is volume 10 of the Berg encyclopedia of world dress and fashion.
- 9781847888594 (online resource) : No price
- 1847888593 (online resource)