Berg encyclopedia of world dress and fashion. Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific islands
- Margaret Maynard (ed).
- Oxford : Berg, 2010-
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : illustrations (colour).
- Berg fashion library.
- Maynard, Margaret, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ["Collectively, the Pacific Islands, Australia and New Zealand represent a varied and culturally complex region. It is home to peoples leading time-honored ways of life, those gradually accepting cultural changes and those inhabiting industrialized society and engaging with all the trappings of the modern world. The influence of colonialism, trade, Aboriginal and Pacific Islander heritage, and the significance of the environment on bodily adornment are some of topics thoroughly addressed in this volume, which provides general overviews of the dress practices of the region's various peoples."]
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands
- Encyclopedia of world dress and fashion
- World dress and fashion
- Berg fashion library
- This is volume 7 of the Berg encyclopedia of world dress and fashion.
- 9781847888563 (online resource) : No price
- 1847888569 (online resource)