Following the proper channels : tributaries in the Mekong legal regime
- by Bennett L. Bearden.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxi, 265 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm.
- International water law series ; v. 6.
At the library
Law Library (Crown)
Find it Basement Request (opens in new tab)
|KNC660 .M45 B43 2018||Unknown|
- Bearden, Bennett L. author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -258) and index.
- The Mekong River Basin
- Legal and institutional framework
- A retrospective look at tributary watercourse law in the Mekong and other selected legal regimes
- Mekong tributaries : selected case studies
- The Mekong : the archetypal disserved river basin
- A flawed vision? : deficiencies in the Mekong legal regime
- Conclusion: Demarginalizing tributaries and shifting the Mekong legal and policy paradigm : a proposal for the way ahead.
- Publisher's summary
In Following the Proper Channels: Tributaries in the Mekong Legal Regime, Bennett Bearden offers in-depth policy and legal analyses of the marginalization of tributaries in the context of the 1995 Agreement on the Cooperation for the Sustainable Development of the Mekong River Basin, law of international watercourses, hydrosovereignty, and the national economic development interests of the Mekong riparians. As a problem-based study, enlightening conclusions are made based on the increasingly state-centric nature of water resources management in the Mekong region through pursuit of national agendas in the unilateral and bilateral development of tributaries. The overarching legal and hydropolicy issue is whether states can simultaneously pursue hydrosovereignty on tributaries and ensure the Mekong legal regime's efficacy to achieve holistic water resources management and basin-wide governance.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title variation
- Tributaries in the Mekong legal regime
- International water law series, 2351-9606 ; volume 6
- 9789004362598 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- 9004362592 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- 9789004362604 ebook
Browse related items
Start at call number: