The U.S. Naval Institute on Marine Corps Aviation
- Annapolis, Maryland : Naval Institute Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 165 pages ; 21 cm.
- U.S. Naval Institute chronicles
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Smedley Butler's air corps: the first Marine aviators in China" / Gabrielle M. Neufeld and James S. Santelli
- "The genesis of air support in guerrilla operations" / General Vernon E. Megee, USMC (Ret.)
- "Ace in a day" / Lieutenant Commander Thomas J. Cutler, USN (Ret.)
- "Marine Corps aviation, an infantryman's opinion" / Major J.N. Rentz, USMCR
- "Right on the button: Marine Corps close air support in Korea" / Admiral John S. Thach, USN (Ret.)
- "Marine aviation in Vietnam, 1962-1970" / Lieutenant General Keith B. McCutcheon, USMC
- "Marine air operations in Northern Europe" / Major Robert J. O'Rourke, USMC
- "Stop quibbling and win the war" / Major John E. Valliere, USAF
- "Who really needs Marine TacAir?" / Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Linn, USMC.
The U.S. Naval Institute Chronicles series focuses on the relevance of history by exploring topics like significant battles, personalities, and service components. Tapping into the U.S. Naval Institute's robust archives, these carefully selected volumes help readers understand nuanced subjects by providing unique perspectives and some of the best contributions that have helped shape naval thinking over the many decades since the Institute's founding in 1873. Famous as "boots on the ground, " U.S. Marines have long played a vital role in the air as well. In these pages, readers will find both history and analysis as Naval Institute authors record and assess this lesser-known but significant aspect of "Leatherneck" combat over the last century.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Marine Corps aviation
- 9781682470404 (alk. paper)
- 1682470407 (alk. paper)
- 9781682470411 (mobi)
Browse related items
Start at call number: