Land law and governance : African perspectives on land tenure and title
- editors, Hanri Mostert, Leon C.A. Verstappen, Jaap Zevenbergen, Louie van Schalkwyk.
- Claremont [South Africa ] : Juta, 2017.
- Physical description
- ix, 201 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm.
- Contemporary legal and applied research series.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction - Hanri Mostert, Leon Verstappen and Jaap Zevenbergen-- The Mandate and Challenges of achieving Communal Land Tenure Security in South Africa - Hanri Mostert and Jacques Jacobs-- Beyond Cattle and Communal Land: How the Maasai Accommodate Privatisation in Kenya - Winnie Wangari-- Wairimu and Paul Hebinck-- An Inconvenient Truth: Land Title in Social Context-A South African Perspective - Rosalie Kingwill-- Taking Stock of the Risks Associated with the Individualisation of Land Rights - Zoey S Chenitz and Amanda Richardson-- Customary Land Rights in the Context of Urbanisation and Development: Case Studies from Botswana, Namibia and Ghana - Emmanuel O Akrofi and Jennifer Whittal-- Evaluation of Land Administration Tools on Tenure Security Amongst the Poor in Peri-Urban Gaborone, Botswana - Paul CM van Asperen, Faustin T Kalabamu and Jaap Zevenbergen-- Registration of Communal Lands in Namibia: Critical Analysis of Practical Legal Intricacies - SK Amoo and C Mapaure.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Land Law and Governance: African Perspectives on Land Tenure and Title explores different ways of conceptualising secure land holding in Africa. The book brings together voices from different contexts, offering contrasting perspectives and methodological approaches. Land Law and Governance: African Perspectives on Land Tenure and Title also juxtaposes a range of political and academic viewpoints through theoretical discussions and case studies. The book thus opens up the discourse on forms of security of tenure in Africa, in a global context.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Contemporary legal and applied research series
- 9781485120063 (paperback)
- 1485120063 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: