Rigor is NOT a four-letter word
- Barbara R. Blackburn.
- Third edition.
- New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 164 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Eye on Education book.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1607.5 .B53 2018||Unknown|
- Blackburn, Barbara R., 1961- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-164).
- Meet the Authors
- Chapter 1: The Case for Rigor
- Chapter 2: Digging into Rigor
- Chapter 3: Raise the Level of Content
- Chapter 4: Increase Complexity
- Chapter 5: Give Appropriate Support and Guidance
- Chapter 6: Open Your Focus
- Chapter 7: Raise Expectations
- Chapter 8: Use Technology to Increase Rigor
- Chapter 9: Assessment and Grading
- Chapter 10: Collaboration and Professional Learning Communities
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Learn how to increase rigor so that all students can reach higher levels of learning! In this new edition of a best seller, author Barbara R. Blackburn offers practical ideas for raising expectations, increasing complexity, integrating scaffolding into instruction, creating open-ended choices and projects, and much more. This timely new edition provides connections to rigorous standards, plus it features new sections on topics such as questioning models, student ownership, Genius Hour, summative assessments, becoming a teacher-leader, and increasing rigor in instructional technology. Appropriate for teachers of all grade levels and subject areas, the book is filled with helpful strategies and tools that you can implement immediately. In addition, full-sized templates are available as eResources on our website (www.routledge.com/9781138569560) so you can download and print them for classroom use. With its practical advice and helpful tools, Rigor Is NOT a Four-Letter Word will set you and your students on the fast track to higher learning and sustained success.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Rigor is not a four-letter word
- An eye on education book
- 9781138569560 paperback
- 1138569569 paperback
- 9781138569546 hardcover
- 1138569542 hardcover
- 9780203704240 electronic book
Browse related items
Start at call number: