Humbead's Revised Map of the World : With List of Population. Concept: Earl Crabb. Art: Rick Subb. Distributed by Humbead Enterprises, Berkeley, California. Litho. in U.S.A.
- Berkeley, Calif. : Humbead Enterprises, 1969.
- Physical description
- 1 map ; 53 x 41 cm.
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G3201.E2 1969 .S5||In-library use|
- World maps > 20th century.
- Pictorial maps > 20th century.
- Statistical maps > 20th century.
- Cultural geography > Maps > 20th century.
- Population > Maps > 20th century.
- California > Maps > 20th century.
- San Francisco (Calif.) > Maps > 20th century.
- Local subject
- The David Rumsey Map Collection.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale not given.
- Full color pictorial Humbead's Revised Map of the World With List of Population, Drawn by Rick Shubb. Map has a light blue background with a border made of small names of local personalities, representing 1969 Hippie Counterculture. In the center is an imaginary land mass with divided colored areas. The areas are named, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Berkeley, New York City, N. Africa, Berkeley, Boston, and the Berkeley Hills. A small red island is labeled "Rest of the World. Includes a compass with hands pointing left, right, up and down. Surrounding the map is a population list of the most influential names of the time: Robert Crumb, Johnny Cash, Stan Lee, Gilbert Shelton, Soupy Sales, M.C. Escher, Phil Ochs, Ornette Coleman, Rick Griffin, Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Garcia, Richard Nixon, Eldridge Cleaver, Allen Ginsberg, Timothy Leary, + over 1,100 other 60s luminaries.
- References: For current copies of these maps see http://www.humbead.com/hmbmap.html
- Separate Map.
- David Rumsey Map Center copy 1: Pub list no. 11748.000.
Browse related items
Start at call number: