Humbead's Revised Map of the World : With List of Population. Shubb. 1970 by the great Humbead. Distributed by Humbead Enterprises, Berkeley, California. Litho. in U.S.A.
- Berkeley, Calif. : Humbead Enterprises, 1970.
- Physical description
- 1 map ; 53 x 41 cm.
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G3201.E2 1970 .S5||In-library use|
- Shubb, Rick.
- World maps > 20th century.
- Pictorial maps > 20th century.
- Statistical maps > 20th century.
- Cultural geography > Maps > 20th century.
- Population > Maps > 20th century.
- California > Maps > 20th century.
- San Francisco (Calif.) > Maps > 20th century.
- Local subject
- The David Rumsey Map Collection.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale not given.
- Full color pictorial 1970 edition of Humbead's Revised Map of the World With List of Population, Drawn by Rick Shubb. Includes approximately 250 new names not in the 1969 population list. It also incorporates many intricate new border illustrations. Map represents a list of the population of the inhabited world: Berkeley, SF, LA, NYC, Boston & Cambridge. It provides the independent verification of the fallacy of space, and that pernicious reasoning that makes New York and Berkeley seem far apart on normal maps. Everyone knows that what's important is people, not distances, and now we have a map recognizing this. In the scrolls surrounding the map is a population list of the most influential names of the time: including Barbi Benton, Bernie Wrightson, Bilbo Baggins, Carol Doda, Charles Manson, Frank Zappa, Gary Arlington, Hugh Hefner, Stanley Kubrick, Wolfman Jack, Yoko Ono, Robert Crumb, Paul McCartney, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Johnny Cash, Stan Lee, Gilbert Shelton, Soupy Sales, M.C. Escher, Phil Ochs, Ornette Coleman, Rick Griffin, Pete Seeger, Phil Lesh, Dr. Seuss, Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Garcia, Richard Nixon, Eldridge Cleaver, Allen Ginsberg, Timothy Leary, Janis Joplin plus over 1,300 other 60s luminaries.
- References: For current copies of these maps see http://www.humbead.com/hmbmap.html
- Separate Map.
- David Rumsey Map Center copy 1: Pub list no. 11747.000.
Browse related items
Start at call number: