Gellhorn and Byse's administrative law : cases and comments
- by Peter L. Strauss, Todd D. Rakoff, Gillian E. Metzger, David J. Barron, Anne Joseph O'Connell.
- Twelfth edition.
- St. Paul, MN : Foundation Press : LEG, Inc. d/b/a West Academic, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- lxxxi, 1528 pages ; 26 cm.
- University casebook series.
- LAW-7001-01 -- Administrative Law
- O'Connell, Anne Margaret Joseph
At the library
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- An introduction to administrative law
- Statutory interpretation
- Procedural frameworks for administrative action
- Transparency, e-governance and the information age
- Agency relationships with Congress, the president, and the courts : the structural Constitution
- Scope of review of administrative action
- Access to judicial review : justiciability.
- "[This] casebook draws both from its history and current debates to create a...set of materials appropriate for introductory as well as advanced courses. In addition, the new edition of the casebook offers a leaner presentation of many topics and more cues for helping students process the materials...[This] latest edition offers major changes including: new substantial chapter on legislative process and statutory interpretation (opening and closing with problems rather than judicial opinions) so that the casebook can be used for an introductory legislation and regulation course; new introductory case study on the Department of Transportation's regulation of commercial airlines' tarmac delays; new...chapter that combines separate previous chapters on adjudication and due process;...more primary materials outside of judicial decisions (including statutes, administrative materials, and complaints); discussion of President Trump's administration in many areas (including presidential power, rulemaking, and transparency); and streamlining of notes, with more emphasis on strategic choices by agencies and challengers to agency action, across all three branches."-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Administrative law
- University casebook series
- Related Work
- Gellhorn, Walter, 1906-1995. Administrative law.
- Byse, Clark. Administrative law.
- Other edition
- Revision of: Strauss, Peter L., 1940- Gellhorn and Byse's administrative law. 11th ed. New York, N.Y. : Foundation Press, 2011 ( 1599414295 )
Browse related items
Start at call number: